Jubilee! is a spirit-led faith community that welcomes everyone. More than just a non-denominational church, we honor all spiritual traditions, all peoples and the Earth. Strongly committed to social and environmental justice, we join together to create a compassionate, just and sustainable world. We are grounded in Creation Spirituality and its tenet of Original Blessing, and our inclusive Sunday celebrations joyfully express the divine mystery through music, creativity and inspiring messages.
Jubilee! envisions an equitable, sustainable world where all life thrives and is renewed in sacred love, compassion and joy.
As a compassionate and inclusive spiritual community, Jubilee! celebrates the divine mystery in all of creation and calls each of us toward a heart-centered, compassionate, equitable and sustainable way of living and being.
- Reverence for all creation
- Original blessing (rather than original sin
- Compassionate engagement with and advocacy for all life
- Generous collaboration to serve the greater good of our community and the earth
- Laughter, music, creativity and hope
- Welcoming everyone to our Sunday celebrations
- Creating safe space for all to thrive physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually
- Receiving the creative gifts and wisdom of the whole community
- Nurturing the growth and ongoing transformation of all adults and children
- Celebrations and gatherings that are participatory, inspirational and creatively energizing
- Rituals to honor important transitions and moments in our lives, community and cosmos
- Keeping the main thing the main thing
- We believe all creation reveals and expresses God
- We hold that diversity of faith enriches our community
- We love and respect all life with all our hearts, minds, bodies and spirits
- We are originally blessed by the Creator and called to co-create blessing in this world
- We accept the wisdom and teachings of all religious traditions
- We know that God continually calls us to be who we are created to be
- We live our faith through compassion, forgiveness and justice
- We practice mutual support, outreach giving and personal service as spiritual disciplines
- We accept that living faith must grow and change
THE FOUR VIAS
The Four Vias are the four paths of Creation Spirituality, a way of living that integrates the wisdom of indigenous, Eastern and Western spirituality with the revelations of modern science to awaken mysticism, revitalize our culture, and promote social and ecological justice.
Our Sunday Celebrations and rituals flow through four seasonal paths called “vias:”
Via Transformativa (Spring, representing change, wisdom, compassion, justice)
This is the time of natural resurrection, new life springing forth from the Earth and from within us as well.
Via Positiva (Summer, representing joy, delight, wonder, awe)
During these months, we discover beauty and awe in each other, in ourselves, and in the fascinating world around us.
Via Negativa (Fall, representing challenge, sorrow, pain, letting go)
This, too, is a period of celebration as we contemplate the mysteries that surround us, from the black holes of the universe to the nature of our own souls.
Via Creativa (Winter, representing creativity, improvisation, trust, play)
From the apparent dormancy of the winter months, we are called to explore the imagination and creativity that underlie all of creation at every moment.