Jubilee! is a community of faith...a vital, involved, committed and loving group of people interacting dynamically and compassionately with each other, the world and ourselves, as God leads us. We honor all religions and all people. At our Sunday Celebrations we express our faith through music, dance, poetry, evocative messages and fellowship,
The Jubilee! Community envisions a world renewed in sacred love, compassion and joy where all live is free to thrive
As a compassionate and inclusive spiritual community, Jubilee! celebrates the divine mystery in all of creation and calls each of us toward a heart-centered, compassionate, equitable and sustainable way of living and being.
The Jubilee! Community loves;
- Reverence for all of creation
- Attunement to the voice of the Holy One in all forms
- Original blessing (rather than original sin) and abundant grace
- Compassionate engagement with and passionate advocacy for all beings
- Generous collaboration within and beyond our spiritual community to serve the greater good of our neighbors and the earth.
- Laughter, music, and hope
- Welcoming everyone and creating safe space for all to thrive physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually
- Receiving the creative gifts and wisdom of the whole community
- Nurturing the growth and ongoing transformation of all adults and children
- Celebrations and other gatherings that are participatory, inspirational, meditative, lighthearted, and creatively energizing
- Rituals to mark and honor important transitions and moments in our lives, community and cosmos
- Keeping the main thing the main thing
Jubilee! is all kinds of people finding and following God’s call to life. These affirmations are simply a way of establishing our place in the continuum of the history and mystery of our faith. These are starting points. We trust that God will lead us from here. We affirm that:
- All creation reveals and expresses God
- Diversity of faith enriches our community
- We love and respect all living things – including ourselves
- We are called to love with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength
- We are originally blessed by the Creator and called to co-create blessing in this world
- We accept the wisdom and teachings of all religious traditions
- God continually calls us to be who we are created to be
- We live lives of compassion, forgiveness and justice
- We accept and follow teachings and examples of Jesus
- There is wisdom in the Hebrew/Christian scriptures
- We practice outreach giving and personal service as spiritual disciplines
- We accept that living faith must grow and change
THE FOUR VIAS
The Four Vias are the four paths of Creation Spirituality we travel here at Jubilee!. We focus on the beauty, mystery, and cosmological spirituality of creation. We draw on the many ancient traditions that predate the more modern concept of “Original Sin” and its many guilt-infused manifestations. With each new season, Jubilee! celebrates one of The Four Vias. These paths take us on journeys of meditation, love, social justice and learning that resonate with us and truly fill us up.
Via Transformativa (Spring)
This is the time of natural resurrection, new life springing forth from the Earth and from within us as well.
Via Positiva (Summer)
During these months, we discover beauty and awe in each other, in ourselves, and in the fascinating world around us.
Via Negativa (Fall)
This, too, is a period of celebration as we contemplate the mysteries that surround us, from the black holes of the universe to the nature of our own souls.
Via Creativa (Winter)
From the apparent dormancy of the winter months, we are called to explore the imagination and creativity that underlie all of creation at every moment.